A little movement is not a bad thing. This page has an animated GIF file for a customized banner.
Project: Create a simple animated GIF banner.
1. Create all the images in the same size using the graphics program of your choice.
2. Start GIFFun and add the images created in step 1.
3. Drag the images into the desired order.
4. Adjust the timing as desired and number of loops.
5. Click on GIFFun > Preferences to specify the folder where the project and other scratch files will be saved.
6. Click on the "Make GIF" button.
7. In the save folder, you will find 2 files - a GIF file and an HTML file. The HTML file is simply there to use to test the GIF file in a browser. The GIF file is the only one you need.
8. For this particular project, I uploaded the GIF file to my site server. I used page injection to add the custom banner to the site. See this page for this step.
9. Reloac the page (View > Reload Page) to see your banner.
Project: Create a way to display a series of images automatically.
Do steps 1 through 7 above. Instead of uploading the file to an external server, drag and drop the GIF file into a Text Page. Then, position it as you like on the page. Here is a working example.